Grab your controllers, ready your 8-bit love, and get hyped up because the sequel to “Wreck-It Ralph” is official!

While the news of the film had been swirling around for ages, mostly led on by John C. Reilly and his letting details slip here and there, the official confirmation came today via a live Facebook broadcast. Rich Moore, Phil Johnston, and special guest John C. Reilly spread the news, whilst even holding a pair of “Wreck-It Ralph” foam hands. Hey, we have a pair of those!

What might the next film be about? Rich Moore shared with D23 that he’s been developing the untitled sequel since soon after Wreck-It Ralph’s release.

“From the moment we started working on the first Wreck-It Ralph, we knew there were so many possibilities with these characters,” he said—before revealing that Ralph will be venturing beyond the arcade in the new film. “This time, Ralph’s wrecking wreaks havoc on the Web—as only he can do. Characters we loved in the first film are back and we are ecstatic to be working with them—and the actors who voice them—once again.”

“The world of the Internet is the perfect place to send Ralph and Vanellope,” Johnston said. “The scope and scale are so vast and the possibilities for comedy are endless.”

Where do you want to see Ralph and Vanellope go? Should they ride the pages of Reddit? Tumble through Tumblr? How about unbox a Loot Crate? Needless to say, we’re bound to be in for some fun in 2018!

Wreck-it Ralph 2 coming March 9, 2018.

One of these Nerds doing Stuff. Can be found drinking cider on the weekends, and attempting to sing any Disney song in his brain that he can come up with in the shower. Thinks albums sound better on vinyl. Collector of useless trivia and references. Puns a plenty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Nerds Doing Stuff by Clifford Alcarez | Gra[ph]olio.
Nerds Doing Stuff