While we plug away at the newly released Long Beach Comic-Con programming schedule to find the panels we think you’ll love, we can’t forget all the amazing things that are going to happen in Long Beach that weekend. Here are some of the highlights come the 17th and 18th of September that you can get ready for!
The 8th annual Long Beach Comic-Con will feature an impressive array of more than 120 pop culture guests, more than 130 panels, and unique partnerships with the Columbia Memorial Space Center and Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles.
Among the guests attending Long Beach Comic Con for the first time are:
- Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester who played Batman and Robin on BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
- Summer Glau, Sean Maher, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite from Joss Whedon’s FIREFLY
- Andy Park (Marvel Studios Visual Development Supervisor and Lead Concept Artist) and acclaimed comic book creators including Peter David and Colleen Doran (AMAZING FANTASTIC INCREDIBLE), Steve Epting (VELVET), Joelle Jones (LADY KILLER) and Joe Eisma and Nick Spencer (MORNING GLORIES)
Long Beach Comic-Con Executive Director and Co-Founder Martha Donato had the following to say about this years upcoming show:
“Our plans for this year’s show are expansive, with a guest list that will impress both long-time fans and first time attendees. Long Beach Comic Con is dedicated to celebrating the world of pop culture and we’re thrilled to present some truly unique and creative programming with important local organizations like the Columbia Memorial Space Center and Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles.”
Space, the final frontier, is back in the picture this year at Long Beach Comic-Con. The Columbia Memorial Space Center will be back with Space Expo 2016, an innovative and one-of-a-kind program that connects comic book convention attendees directly with the world of scientific discovery.
The Girl Scouts are back again this year, and we love the interaction that goes on at LBCC! More than 400 Girl Scouts in grades K–12 will be in attendance at Long Beach Comic Con, with nearly 100 of them coming from underserved areas. Depending on their grade level, the girls will earn Comic Artist, Drawing, Senses, Novelist, or career exploration-related badges for meeting with talented creators and participating in interactive workshops.
More programming highlights include:
- Programming spotlighting TV shows like BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, CON MAN, FIREFLY and GI JOE
- DOCTOR WHO Panels at the Long Beach Public Library
- Two fulls days of cosplay panels and a cosplay contest on Saturday night
- Panels devoted to fan favorite comic book characters including Batman, Harley Quinn and the Teen Titans and publishers Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment, First Comics, Image Comics and Marvel
- #MakeComics workshops where aspiring writers and artists can learn from comic book pros
- Kids programming
- The popular GeekFest Film Festival
- A screening of the popular Harry Potter fan film SEVERUS SNAPE & THE MARAUDERS
Long Beach Comic Con is Saturday, September 17 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Sunday, September 18 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Long Beach Convention Center. The show opens to advance ticket holders at 9:30 AM on Saturday and 10AM on Sunday. Tickets are available now through the website: www.longbeachcomiccon.com.
“Long Beach Comic Con is a show that’s produced by a team who collectively have over 100 years of experience in the comics and entertainment industry. We’ve worked hard over the years to create an experience that we would enjoy if we were attendees, so whether you want to meet your favorite comic artist or publisher or get a photo with a member of the FIREFLY cast, or even learn to build your own R2D2 you can do it all here.”